FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey Everybody,
I haven't been on line in quite some time as work on my Jetstream/Holiday finished up last year. But after 3 years of searching I have finally found a Sunchief! It's a beauty. All original and in working order with a Volvo Penta 110 HP motor, saltwater series with a heat...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
The new floor fits really nicely, luckily the edges of the old floor were still in good shape and provided a decent template. I had a question about installing the vinyl floor - is it better to install the vinyl before you install the floor in the boat so you...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
One Floor, Two Floor, Old Floor, New Floor!
I had a bit of time this evening so I got the new floor cut. I was planning on putting CEPS an all sides and edges and GLUVIT on the inside of the hull on all the seams and rivets. If anyone has a better way to...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
Thanks for the instructions JB. I think it may have been that the photos I was trying to upload were not jpegs. Here goes another try...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
i came across a bit of good luck just as I had finished repainting the cowl of the '89 Merc that I was planning on retro-finishing to look like more like a '61 and look better on the boat; an actual 1961 40HP merc came up for sale - all original. The motor...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
Nothing like making some advances on the restoration to help deal with the winter blues. I completed the new seat frames using the old ones as a template. For anyone whip is looking to make new seats, I found a posting where a guy shows exactly how to build...
Re: Buddy R's Jetstream Restoration
Well its time to get to work. I had a good summer running that little Jetstream but winter is here and its time to get back at it. I plan on restoring her just how she is except for the motor and a slight seat alteration. I find that the newer Merc I put on...
Good Morning All!
Well thanks to all the Starcraft restorers in this association I was able to make an informed decision regarding my first Starcraft purchase. I just picked up a '72 Starcraft Jetstream with a '72 Johnson 50HP. Everything on it is original and falling apart but I love her. And...