FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey everybody. Working on restoring and aluminum boat. I want to polish the hull and give it a matte finish. I do not want a high polish mirror finish. Any suggestions for methods/ products? Thanks for the time and the help!
No Title
I just lifted a 17' aluminum boat off the trailer to restore the trailer. I used a 2 Ton Bottle Jack and about 10 4X4's.
I am sure there are better easier ways to do this. But this is how I did it with the tools I had available.
1.) Cut the 4X4's into 16" pieces leaving 2 4x4's...
Ok so I am redoing a trailer. I have it all sanded and painted. I am trying to remove the keel roller at the very back of the trailer. It is an approx 10" roller/transom saver and it is mounted in welded bracket. On the outside of the bracket on either side there small 1 inch rollers. Here...
I have an '86 shoreline trailer for a 17 foot aluminum boat. I've sanded and wire wheeled all ythe rust off. I've also treated the tight rust with corraseal. I want a solid gloss black paint on it. I'm not on a tight budget but also don't want to spend a fortune. -thanks!