FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Im looking at a re-power and am talking to a dealer about a 2007 etec 150 that is in the box and will come with warranty computer updates etc... It is a pretty good deal from the looks but If major improvements have been made I would rather go with the newer engine. The savings is close to 2K...
MY J115tlcrd starts and idles great I leave the Dock and boat takes right off but then once warm it drops RPMs big time. Spark and compression are good carbs were just re-built I have run it on external tank as well even replaced prop. Boat mechanic says it could be timming base or power pack...
Last year I had carbs cleaned because boat was not reaching full speed at WOT. When I pushed Choke in it reached it. This year running much better but still not fully reaching speed. I de-carbed engine poured seafoam in cylinders and let it sit and for one split second it took off. It has...
Just had a new fuel pump put in, Old VRO one was showing signs of wear. Boat will not reach full speed without pushing the choke in I am going to replace fuel lines. What else should I do? It's so close to taking off.
Mechanic disconected VRO system and I now Mix but the fuel pump now needs to be replaced. What non-VRO pump will fit on this engine and are there any particular issues with mounting? Sorry if this has been addressed before I could not find it specific to my year engine.
Engine starts and idles fine but when I throttle up it is just not reaching top speed. I have put sea foam in the gas just in case the fuel was no good. I have pumped the primer bulb while at full throttle with no change in speed. The bulb does not get hard prior to starting. I am about to...
I have a 19 Ft Grady White and have just recently gotten a mooring. The mooring was profesionally installed but the installer just left me the pendant coming off the mooring with no real way to hook it into the bow eye. A guy at west Marine told me just to thread line through the pendant and...