FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
It was a very rough boat. Someone had fiberglassed part of the exterior hull before the Flex Seal was applied. A lot of it was peeling off. It had been used as a creek boat too many times. It even had what appeared to be a 3 or 4" tear in one side repaired on the inside with automotive Bondo...
If I were a betting man (which I am not) I'd take you up on that bet.
I've rowed an A model 14' Alumacraft quite a bit. I don't do it for exercise or speed. I do it because it's quiet and relaxing after a stressful day. I'm currently looking for a B model which Alumacraft advertised as made for...
I'm hoping it is coated thinly and very little surface prep was done prior to application so it's not adhered very well.
Since that crap is rubber I assumed that the same solvents and strippers that remove paint may have little effect. I hope I'm wrong.
I am going tomorrow to look at a 14' Alumacraft boat which I will likely purchase. The current owner sprayed the whole exterior of the aluminum hull with Flex Seal. I plan to row this boat more than motor power it and would prefer the hull be as smooth and friction free as possible. Does anyone...