FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks. I pop-tested the injectors today and one was not firing correctly, and leaking at lower pressures. This was the one with the carbon buildup I mentioned earlier... anyway, I replaced all three nozzles/needles and they are all firing perfectly now.
I think this was the main issue, but...
I have the head removed now, so I'll take your recommendation and replace the sleeves. Wish me luck! One of the injectors had carbon buildup past the seal so maybe it was leaking a little. I found other things during this maintenance (new boat to me), like the cooling lines to the exhaust...
Thanks for the reply and the welcome! The shop manual only describes a full engine rebuild, unfortunately. It does explain how to replace the sleeves. This seems like a very bad design compared to copper washers, as the sleeves require special tools to remove and install. The sleeves are...
I am doing maintenance on my VP2003, to address white smoke when running.
When I remove the injectors is it required to replace the copper sleeves? Since this engine does not use copper washers that can be easily replaced or annealed, this is a little confusing to me... do you have to replace...