FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Re: 1979 MFG Caprice Rebuild
Here are some updated pictures. I still need to PB the sides of the transom and add the 1708 but it is in there.
The last picture is a concept I had for replacing the MFG logo on the side, mine is cracked and falling off. What do you think?
Re: 1979 MFG Caprice Rebuild
Thought I would also post some pictures of us creating templates for the bulkheads since I couldn't find much documentation on this. Is a little crude but effective. We created the transom template by tracing the outside of the transom to get it close then trimmed...
Re: 1979 MFG Caprice Rebuild
Got the transom out this weekend and I wasn't going to rebuild the floor under the front of the boat but found some rot so out it came. We found what you see below under the floor. Hey now I am making money on this boat right? Little bit of sarcasm but things really...
Just getting started on this one. I bought this boat last year and took it out a couple of times before the motor mounts gave out on me. Can't complain since I got this at a very good price and pretty much anything mechanical has been rebuilt or replaced. I notice the floor was soft when I...