FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a previous long post about my ongoing problems here: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=489547
To sum up, I have cleaned the carbs twice and replaced the starter. I previously had a problem with the engine cutting out and dying when i shifted into gear occasionally and then when i...
Re: Troubleshooting problem on 79 Evinrude 100hp 100999S
So I finally recieved the Bendix that I ordered and I went to install it, only to run into problems. I can't seem to find out how to remove the top nut without turning the entire starter shaft. I am guessing I need to hold onto something...
Re: Troubleshooting problem on 79 Evinrude 100hp 100999S
I was able to rebuild the carbs with no problem and found out that one of the carbs the pin and needle of one of the floats was broken, so I am pretty sure swapping those out for new helped with the carb issue. However, I had it on the...
Re: Troubleshooting problem on 79 Evinrude 100hp 100999S
This is probably something i should know but on the image attached, which is the idle screw I should be adjusting? Thanks for the replies and suggestions
First time poster as well as first time boat owner. Long story short, bought a bass boat with '79 Evinrude 100hp 100999S. I wasnt able to test it on the water, but ran it on the muffs and had the PO do a compression test for me. He said the carbs hadn't been cleaned for awhile, so I knew going...