FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I need to take apart the powerhead assembly and free a stuck piston ring on my Evinrude Lightwin 3 hp. I tried de-carbing and it did not free the piston ring. There is only one stuck ring on the lower piston.
Does anyone know how to get the powerhead assembly apart, or get the pistons out of...
Re: 1966 Evinrude Lightwin 3 HP Restore Questions
Not sure if this helps, but here are some pictures of the cylinders and cylinder head. To me they look in-tact for the most part, but I am new to all of this, so maybe they need some work?
So I came upon a 1966 Evinrude Lightwin 3 HP motor. It was actually thrown in as a "freebie" when I bought a 17' Grumman Scanoe on Craigslist. I am new to working on motors and am desperately trying to get it running.
I have been UNABLE to get it started and decided step 1 would be to do a...