FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently bought a 1995 Evinrude Intruder 150hp from a guy and ran great the first 5 mins in the water. took it home opened up the air box and it was full of sand, did a compression test came back good , clean the carbs trottle openings, airbox, new plugs but it has a hard time starting up...
I have a 1999 mercury 90hp 2stroke, major problems.i recently purchased this boat from a guy who swears its perfect. first i observe the motor running funny and when full trottle there is no power. after cleaning the carbs and replacing the plugs, check the timing, and all hoses and wires...
I used a timing light and got ten degrees when it should be 20. When I try to adjust it it only move max 2 degrees advance and two retarded. Is there any other way to adjust the timing besides the porkchop looking thing next to the carbs? Or am I doing it wrong? Motor is a 1999 mercury 90 hp 3...
Please someone help me!!! i recently sold me precious motorcycle for a boat, after painting and refitting the boat. I took it out trusting the sellers word that it does 39 miles an hours. It's a 1975 '17 wellcraft v hull CC. great hull condition. Fitted with a 1999 Mercury 90HP. but when taken...