FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Working on the 1988 Sea Ray 16' Seville with mercury 100 OB. In restoring this puppy, I was working the throttle/shifter and noticed it was hard to move. Looking the OB over I noticed that the shift rod leaves the powerhead in about the center of the shift tube. At the lower unit the rod...
As my restoration project moves forward, you will see me posting the issues in hopes that it helps others.
Boat has it's original 100/115 Mercury OB on it with a non-working trim motor. I did the basic diagnosis of testing the trim switch on the controls. This is a three wire setup using...
Hi everyone, Boat is a 1988 Sea Ray 16 ft OB Seville. As I'm going through it getting it back on it's feet, I refilled the steering on the original Sea Star I system and had noted that oil had been on the carpet under the helm. Boat sat for 14 years. Using the correct Sea Star steering fluid...
Hi guys, First post here, forum looks great and has helped a ton already.
I picked up a 1988 Sea Ray Seville with the 100 Merc outboard on it. Original owner said the 88 was a transition year and actually the motor was a 120hp with the 100hp cover. From what I can find it looks like 88 was...