FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
69 evinrude 4hp folder. won't pump water or very litttle. checked impeller and sealed pump housing. water tubes in place. compressed air thru upper tube and comes out exhaust housing under power head. very little salt in eng. removed head and ran eng in tank spinning with drill. no water...
I replaced the powerhead on a 67 3hp johnson with the attached gas tank. I remounted the mag plate basically by eye as I don't have the pointing tool that's in the manual. The engine starts and seems to run ok, but could be smoother. Is there another to check the timing without the pointer...
Hey Guys
After getting my 9.9 to run again and yes it was pumping water. So I pulled the lower unit and checked the impeller which was intact. (I had never changed it) Put it back together and it only pumps minimal water. The housing was a little corroded and the metal plate was intact. I...
hey guys
How do you turn a 9.9 into a 15. someone told me a carb jet change. Have seen the postings on the coil problems and the lack of parts. bought a yamaha 8 because I couldn't find a coil for my 9.9. found one on ebay 5 years later and got the eng running. a few problems with the water...