FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a Honda 40 4stroke and wot is 5200 rpm at 25.5 mph on my 18ft crestliner Nordic. I have read that my operating range is between 5,500 and 6,000 rpm. My question is should I change prop to get into the 5800 rpm range? I get on plane pretty well and am satisfied with 25.5 mph but...
Am looking at buying a 1985 dt65. Was told the motor breaks up at high rpm. The compression checks out at 95 on all 3 cyl. Is this compression ok or should it be 125? And all 3 being at 95 would it still run well?
Thanks
I am wondering if anyone out there has replaced crank seals on an 87 dt65? I am looking to replace the upper and lower seals and don't know if I have to crack the case to do it. I have a manual but it doesn't specify if the case needs to be split.
Thanks for any and all help!
I have a 1987 dt65 that was given to me. It did not run when I got the motor and boat. The boat sat out of water for 15 years. First thing I did was check for compression and have 125 on all 3 cyl. I read a couple of posts on this site about what to do when taking an outboard out of...