FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
4.3l Mercruiser
Boat failed hose test with muffs. No water came out of transom, but ended up on the floor of engine compartment. After a helpful comment from a Rear Admiral, I knew what had gone on. I've read on a few forums about this. Does this mean that the engine is toast? Odds that it might...
I just googled what you meant by a pushed out casting plug...and that is exactly what I found in the bottom beneath the engine. Praying for no major damage.
Hello - thanks for your reply. I didn't see the water coming directly out but in general, while performing the hose test with muffs, the water never came out the transom but ended up in the engine compartment.
2005 Bayliner Bowrider with 4.3l Mercruiser
Just performed hose test. Water did not come out of transom but ended up in the bottom of the engine compartment. Water seems to be coming out of right side bottom.
Note: 2 things that may be of importance:
- Seller started boat without hose just...