FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I've got my motor back together and its running good. I'm concerned about the timing belt being too loose. I couldnt find a way to adjust it to tighten it. It sure seems like it would cause problems. Are they supposed to be that loose? Thanks, Lee
Also, the belt is brand new.
The motors look identical, but I pulled the L.U. and end of the shart is different. The one with the pin in the end of the shaft is off my parts motor. Incidentally, the reason I pulled it is that my good motor got where it wouldnt go in reverse. Anyone know if it will work? Thanks for the...
Ok, I have seen several other questions on here regarding this process and the tools needed. I didnt know until I tried, and thought I might save someone else some time/money. I had a broken timing belt, which is why i pulled the flywheel. I saw several posts suggesting you need a special...
This is the second one of these I have had on my boat, and Im not getting along with it much better than the first. The only good thing is I've got a parts motor. My most pressing issue, It laid down on me, and I got it to the shop and figured out the timing belt broke. To pull the flywheel...