FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Yes, I agree "Sneezing is often caused by a lean fuel condition." Spark is great and consistent, fuel pump rebuilt and high speed jets and low speed orifices cleaned out. This engine has a mixture control originally set at 1.5 turns and then adjusted in both directions. The seals are firm and...
This post was originally from TinBoats.net The original aluminum boat site!
Outboard compression numbers
Quote
Post by cajuncook1 » 07 Jul 2011, 17:21
Well, comparing Mercury motor compression values to Evinrude/Johnson motor compression values is not comparable. That is like comparing apples...
Interesting comment. The piston diameter on these engines is less than that of a golf ball @ 1 9/16 inches. I've seen other forums where they could be in the 80's. I thought, a new engine might be as high as 110 p.s.i. for these twin cylinder 4 hp motors but I am not sure what they should be...
I need some advice. First off, this engine in an Evinrude Deluxe model # E4RDHCDE and it has great compression at 100 p.s.i. on both cylinders. Does anyone know why these engines might cough during idle? I've gone over every aspect, regarding mixture control and idle jets and float level/drop...