FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a couple of 7.5 Evinrudes that I need help identifying the year.<br />I could only find the serial numbers, and I think the "7520" is the model number.<br /><br />Ser# 7520-07482 and Ser# 7520-17968.<br /><br />Both engines need a water pump impellor and 1 needs a clutch dog and a...
Could you email me at: eagles5@centex.net<br />I have not found a way to email anybody on this board like you can other forums, and I have some off the subject questions for you. :) <br />Thanks.
The number on the prop is S 2502. Does anybody know if this will fit a 1974 85hp Johnson?<br />It is supposed to be a 17" pitch, can anybody verify that?<br /><br />Also what does this number SS05230 fit?<br />Thanks.
I am wondering about what size prop pitch I should use on my boat.<br />Here is the situation.<br />Motor 85hp Johnson with tilt and trim.<br />Prop pitch I think is 19'<br />Boat, 15' tri-hull bass boat.<br />I am also using one of these on the motor, SE SPORT 300 <br />The reason I am asking...
I have heard two different theories on which gas to run in older outboard engines. My local OMC mechanic recommends using a mid-grade fuel in my 1974 outboard. However, I read numerous times on this forum to use 87 octane fuel.<br />Does this really make a difference? If so, why?<br />Thanks.
I recently bought a OMC tachometer on ebay that I thought would work for my boat, however I am uncertain now. My motor is a 1974 Johnson 85hp. The new tach says 5 pulse on the front. There are several part numbers on the box that has been lined out. The number on the back of the tach is...
Doing a link and sync. my books says to use a test wheel while checking the maximum spark advance or incorrect timing results may occur.<br />Can anybody explain this? Is there anyway of doing this check without a test wheel?<br />In the search tool, somebody mentioned that Joe Reeves has a...
I have a question about an older Johnson boat. My brother-in-law has an older boat built by Johnson. It is an inboard/outboard boat with a 350 chevy. Overall the boat is in great shape, but does need a little work. I believe these boats are rare, and I was wandering what one would be worth...
I was just looking at your pictures of your boat motor and was wandering what the two brass elbow fittings just below the coil in this picture are? Thanks.<br /><br />
Here is the situation.<br />1974 Johnson, 85hp. I am replacing the reeds and going with Boyensen reeds. I have talked to people on here as well as a Boyensen reed tech. person on the phone. I am unsure what size jets I will need since I have replaced the stock carbs a while back. The carbs I...
I am sure this topic has been discussed on here before, but I am new to this forum so I am going to bring it up again and maybe somebody can give me some insite.<br /><br />After a closer inspection, I believe I have finally found the cause of my idle problem. It turns out the reeds were not...
I have a 1974, 85 hp Johnson outboard that I cant seen to get it to idle. It will run a few seconds and die, sometimes longer. It sputters a little bit of smoke and then dies.<br />It also will cut out occasionally at higher rpms out of the water, but not to noticeable. It runs great on the...