FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Update: I ordered a voltage regulator for a Suzuki DF70 from Amazon for 29.99. It was a chore to replace as it was behind the electrical center on the engine, but I was able to loosen the electrical panel and sneak it out behind it. Now charging normal.
Thanks. I will check into these. If the boat was newer Id get the OEM, but 313.00 vs 24 for that one or similar I will take the gamble. Im also adding a 2nd battery with a 1-2-both switch for a backup plan.
I have a 70 hp Evinrude 4 Stroke Model # E70PL4SI that I recently purchased. It ran fine when I purchased it in October 2025 but sat thru the winter. When I was testing it and cleaning the boat the engine light came on and overheat light. I replaced the thermostat and that seemed to take care of...