FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Bought this motor, took it out to the lake...after giving it some throttle, it kicks out of gea (like i hit a log and the motor revved up). I could put pressure on the shift lever and it would still kick out of gear. Reverse works fine. So my first thought is clutch dog and forward gear. Well...
I have a 1975 Johnson 25hp (25R75B). It has a bad lower unit and I'm looking to replace it.
There is a lower unit for sale a short distance from me but it says for a 1976 or new (it has the newer through hub exhaust).
I was wondering if that lower unit would bolt up to mine, or what would...
I have finally found a bigger motor for my boat for a very good price. I am going to be getting it sometime next week.
It's a 71 25hp Johnson, short shaft, tiller handle.
1st question does the R in the model number mean remote steer/start? From looking over the parts listings it does not...
I got an offer to trade my motor for a Suzuki DT30C.
It's a console steer and I need a tiller.
I tried to do some research but it came back inconclusive. All I found is that it's possible.
I'm trying to find everything I would need to do it and an approximate cost.
Thanks in advance!
Hello guys of the Jon Boat world! My dad and I recently purchased this jon boat, trailer, and 1989 40hp Evinrude for $300.
The motor was not running when we bought it, but a new fuel pump cap and a carb clean and she runs like a champ.
The boat itself is in a little bit rough condition...