FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks. By the time I get the parts, learn what I'm doing or have a mechanic repair it, I might as well spend 2800 on a brand new quicksilver drive. I plan on keeping boat. I still may take it apart eventually just out of curiosity. The top half is probably worth something to somebody.
Thanks for the reply, that was my guess. I did have a heck of a lot of metal filings on the magnet when I drained the lube. From memory whenever I did my impeller I believe that shaft moved pretty smooth.
This drive has about 600 hours on it. I didn't have enough load on the throttle, and the engine was at a higher RPM than normal. In a panic I jammed the drive into forward gear. Since then the drive has a metallic tapping noise in forward gear (can't hear it in reverse. Thought maybe I...