FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
As noted in the subject - I have a 2004 Mercury 200 SW series. I'm looking for troubleshooting ideas for this issue.
When the boat is on plane and cruising and what seems to be when I hit a certain RPM (~3000rpm) the engine shuts-off. (No coughing, no bogging, no spuddering... just "off".)...
Re: 200XL saltwater series - 3in covers on outside of driveshaft housing?
ok got the cover off - how do u get the rusty 6in bolt out? (Can't find any info in the Seloc Repair Manual.) see pic below
Before I break these plastic pieces thought I would see if anyone knows how to remove them first.
I have a Mercury Ouboard 200XL Saltwater series and there are two rusty nuts on the outside of the driveshaft housing 2/3rds of the way down. I removed the cover plates easy, and removed the two...
i have an '05 3L alpha - i played with it myself, but the fiance asked to bring it to a professional to get it fixed faster. well they just started throwing parts at it, so i took it back because i can do that myself without a labor charge. so.... i can run at idle and if i move the throttle...
Hi - I've read a bunch of posts on here about dead spots when accel. The unanimous answer seems to be the carb is "off". I know I'm getting gas flow because I can sit in idle no problem (plus I can see it squirting in). I replaced the fuel filters, and siphoned out the old gas and replaced...