FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Folks,
Does anyone know the difference between installing a carb kit and buying new carbs? Also does anyone know what new carbs will cost for a 1975 Johnson 115? Thanks for all your help and knowledge.
Peolpe,
Would anyone have an idea why my engine would keep killing when I pull it back into neutral? I am able to start it at high idle, but I am having a hard time in just letting it idle without the high idle. When I finally do get it into gear it runs great, but when i slow down to idle it...
Helpful folks,
I have a question for the group out there. I have a 1977 Johnson 115 that will run great. If you turn the throttle up to give it some fuel it will start like a charm and runs great, but when you pull it back to idle it will run for a few seconds and kill. I have had the carb...
Can someone please help me. I have recently purchased a 17' boat with a 1977 Johnson on it. The original owner had the boat completely operational except the tach was not hooked up. I do not know where on the engine to connect the tach, can anyone help explain where to hook it to the engine?