FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi all,
I have a 1981 Mercruiser 470 with a seawater cooling system, which I bought two seasons ago and has been running well. All I have done is had the starter rebuilt.
Yesterday, my engine temp got really high (off the gauge), and I see steam coming from the engine bay. I'm assuming it is...
Hi all, first post :)
I have an 18' Sea Ray with a Merc 470 and I recently found an inch, no exaggeration, an inch deep of oil in the bilge. I put 5 quarts in it and after 2 hours on the water it took another 3 quarts. I have no clue where it's coming from, nothing visible of course.
Anyone...