FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am about half finished replacing the transom in my FD. I removed the oak transom board and had an identical one made. A few coats of urathane and it will be ready to go back in. I bought some gasket material to put back in behind it. I need to get the tags off the old board and put them on the...
I purchased a 1987 15 Hp Johnson. It will not fire when you try to start it. If I pull the plugs and squirt a little gas in each cylinder then it will start and keep running after a couple times of doing this. I had it running in a tank for about 45 minutes. If you shut it off it would start...
I recently purchased a FD. Serial # FD 9668. I was told it was a 1959 model. It is in pretty good condtion. It had steering on it at one time. It does`t have the enclosed front plate on it. These seem to be very well made boats. After finding this forum and reading all about FD`s I decided to...