FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I ordered the shop manual and two special tools to adjust the valves on my new Johnson 140 4 stroke. It went very well. All valves gaps were within the specification of .009 - .011" except on which was just shy of .012". The disk was "253" so it will probably take a "257" to bring the gap to...
Need to adjust my valves in Johnson 140 four stroke (which is really a Suzuki DF 140). Johnson service manual is not yet available. Instructions on Suzuki should be the same.
Purchased a new Johnson 140 four stroke last spring and have good results. Changed oil today as well as lower unit lubricant. Need to adjust valves. Local dealers around here are very little help and it seems that the service manuals are not yet available for this engine. I used to set the...
I have a Minn Kota with 74 lb. motor but am switching to a Riptide AP65 (Riptide Autopilot is not available in 74). I rarely ever run the 74 at more than 50%, usually 15-20%. Will I experience a significant difference. Boat is an 18' center console. Also, I have been told that the 65 series...