FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
First, I'm a total amateur. I have the service manual, and found a great post on troubleshooting that some had under the common problems forum. But for the most part I'm shooting in the dark.
After de-winterizing I had a little trouble with what I thought was an old gas problem. I wasn't...
Re: Runabout electrical install: EZACDC? Direct to Battery?
Thanks Don. I didn't realize that about boats and DC.
"Typically boat are wired with a single positive and negative wire of the appropriate size to a fuse at the help. From there your separate circuits run to switches or unit being...
I've posted before and had great success thanks to the community. I have a new project that I've been researching and since I am very new, I don't know where to start. I've looked at the Electrical 101 sticky, and read some blogs, posts, etc., which has led me to more questions.
I have a 59...
Two videos. You can see it revving itself and sounding like it is missing some fires. In the first video it almost cuts out but works it's way back. In the second, it just dies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3I96UxH4yk&sns=em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUjxGC-uvmo&sns=em
Brand new...
I can't start the motor now, but had it running for about ten minutes (I've done this three times).
Generally what happens is that it turns over almost immediately after a 24 hour break. I can get it to full throttle (I've been running in neutral for the most part), but it's a little rough...