FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys,
I'm running an 87 Starcraft FM160 with an 87 Suzuki DT65. I really like the power of this motor, it gets the boat up on plane right away and pushes it the same speed no matter the body count (I've run with 4 onboard and one in tow and it just goes). However, it seems to top out max...
I just picked up an 87 DT65 motor and this is the first engine we've had with an oil injection system. My dad and his buddy and their buddies "have heard bad things" about oil injection in general and want to disable it. I like the idea of using the injection and don't want to disable it until...
Re: Causes of weak spark on Tohatsu 18HP 2-stroke?
It's back *headdesk*. Was about to head out fishing Friday morning and when I gave it a couple tugs before we left (because I still don't trust it) the damn thing had lost it's spark yet again. Checked the connector that I thought might have...
Hi guys,
This may simply be the designed intention of this little boat but I want to get some perspective from those more knowledgeable than I. It's a 14-foot Creek Craft, pretty sure the model is Creek Runner (http://www.saltermarine.com/CreekCraftBoats.html). They list it as a semi-V...
The only marking I can see stamped on the prop of my M18C2 is "9 - 0". From what I can tell the engine should have come with a 9-inch diameter by 9-inch pitch prop, but the parts manual doesn't say how to physically identify them. The prop is painted white aluminum and as far as I know it is...
So I'm familiar with troubleshooting NO spark, but I don't quite know what to think about figuring out what could be causing a WEAK spark? I've done a good bit of googling but haven't found any decisive answers yet. The motor seems to idle and run just fine, so far having never missed a beat...