FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have only taken the boat out three times and yesterday when we slowed down and trimmed up for the shallow water it ran for about a minute and then died as if i cut the switch off. I also did not have power to the trim at the control or the motor. Guage was still reading just above 12 volts...
I am chasing a no spark situation on two of the three cylinders. The motor has been in storage for over 10 years, but it was running fine when put up. With the motor setup to run I only get spark on #3 cylinder. 1 and 2 have nothing. If I swap the green wires coming from the switch box I can...
Hello all,
I am a new member to the forum. I have aquired a fishing boat with a 60 hp Mercury outboard on it. The deck was rotted so I repaired it and now it is time to move to the motor. The boat belonged to my grandfather but no one has used it since 1995 or so. The motor is a 1988 model...