FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Thanks for all the input. I haven’t put eyes on the engines yet, they’re about 2 hours away from me so I may go see them tomorrow and report back further. I like the idea of the etec and maybe overhaul the 88 myself. But still un decided.
The current 88 spl falls on its face launching, and...
Any thoughts about boat performance changes? I would expect less speed and hole shot compared to what I’m used to, but I don’t know how significant it would really be
Unfortunately my 88 spl is now in need of a rebuild after countless hours. A shop quoted me a newly rebuilt 88 spl for $3,000 installed or a 2004 etec 75 for $3,400 installed. I like my old school engine but it would be nice to have a quieter more efficient engine. Anyone have thoughts? Also...