FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Wow, thanks for the quick replies.
Serial number 6264448
1983 9.8 Mercury Outboard
Pull string start.
I do get a spark on both high-tension cables leading to spark plugs.
I was spraying starter ether into carb and on other tries, into cylinder via spark plug holes.
It would cough, and some...
I added new coils to my outboard and hope that is the fix that was needed since they were $75 ea.
I checked and get spark for each plug using a spark tester.
Checked carb and screen is clean and gaskets are new.
It just won't start. It'll cough once in awhile but won't fire up.
I'm wondering if...