how many of us have concealed handgun permits?

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
Re: how many of us have concealed handgun permits?

The guy who posted this topic should have known there are going to be a huge discussion on gun control, who should own guns and who shouldn't. I believe that hand guns should be outlawed. We should only be able to own shotguns and rifles which I own. The only good thing a handgun is good for is to kill humans and it does a good job of that. So if handguns are so great and we really need them for our protection then we should also allow people to carry hand grenades it's far better effective and you really don't have to aim. Guns were made for killing people and we have enough crazy people out there who already kill people, do we really nead more. If you want protection in your home get a shotgun packed with slugs a buckshot it will deter anyone from getting into your home. Just my opion so take this with a grain of salt. :mad:

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Trollhole,<br /><br />Guns were made for killing people????? If so then why are you just against Hand Guns? If you are going to plead your case pick a side get off the fence.

EQCM2B

Seaman Apprentice

Ranger354 and djohns,<br /><br />Just wanted to make sure you understand I agree with the both of you. Didn't want to give the impression that I wanted give up my "Right To Bear Arms". If that was the way it sounded it is surely not what I meant.

flips

Petty Officer 2nd Class

well i sure do agree with your rights we had! ours taken away down under and people still get killed all it did here was bury lots of fire works for a rainy day ...<br />must be better to know where they are and who. :eek:

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

EQ,<br /><br />Sounds good to me. <br /><br />It is the Naieve, Irresponsable, Closed Minded, UnEducated, and Uniformed "Pro Gun Control" that I have a problem with.<br /><br />In the wrong hands and spoon can kill people.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Ranger354<br />Sounds like you could use a hand grenade, I bet you would just love that! Remember not to pull grenade and throw the pin or you might be doing all of us a favor. Yes, I'm against hand guns but not against rifles or shotguns because I like to kill animals not people. I would be interested in knowing how many people get killed each year from handguns vs. shotguns and rifles. I would be willing to be that there would be a big difference.<br />Found this site, And yes I know it is going to make a lot of people on this forum mad. But remember it is just my opinion.<br /> :mad: Just my opinion take it with a grain of salt.CCW LICENSE HOLDERS: "LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS?"

ebbtide176

Commander

geez, i was really enjoyin this site since i checked out the 'stupid human' section first... ok i'm not gonna debate on everyones opinion, and don't want you to get picky with mine. But -yep i definitely wouldn't want to have the right to bear arms taken away. and yep, i'd like to have them taken away from criminals. i believe thats what our law enforcment is doing now anyway. it seems the biggest problem is in proper punishment & determent of those who use them recklessly. <br />Have a good day! - we need more posts in the 'stupid human' section- i needa laff :D

MATTT

Seaman

Don't drink and drive. But people are doing it. Do you drink and shoot? hope not; but some will do. I own a permit and carry one, but most of the time is in a safe box and lock it.<br /><br />Mattt.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Troll,<br /><br />I would also like to see the data on persons killed by hand guns, automatic type guns, semiauto guns, rifles, shotguns, drunk drivers, air travel, drownings, animal attack, Smoking, etc.<br /><br />Nothing worse then trying to eat your lunch and a big smoke cloud forms over your table from the people next to you. I don't hate smokers, just wished they would show a little more consideration sometimes.<br /><br />Anyway, If you are going to use data then collect it all and show it all. If hand guns are responsible for 3 times as many deaths then show the data.<br /><br />Most of the time people just hear the NRA Lobbyist saying one thing and the "Anti" Lobbyist saying another.<br /><br />Lest all have a nice day.<br /><br /> :)

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I'll look into it and see what I can dig up.<br /> :mad: <br />Ranger did you look at the link I put on my last post. I thought it was pretty informative.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Troll,<br /><br />Find me some unbiased data. Not something that has been put together by the Bradly Committe.<br /><br />I don't mind reading the Cons, but you have to show some Pros also. Trouble is only BAD NEWS is news worthy.<br /><br />I noticed one of the clips was about a repo guy getting shot. I think that happend in Texas also. The repo wrecker driver was shot with a 30-06 though and it was after dark. The shooter got off because he was protecting his property after dark.<br /><br />Makes you think about all the laws not just hand guns.<br /><br /><br />Education, Common Sense, In depth BackGround checks.<br /><br />We could go on and on, but I choose not to. I would rather fish.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I'm with you! Going tomorrow to do some trolling. Hope to catch a few rainbow trouts for the skillet. :mad:

sawcat

Seaman Apprentice

this is the other side of the coin the media dont report go to to your browser & type armed citizen. there are other sources of info. from both sides of the coin open your mind & take a look :D

heycods

Captain

Certainly I do. My what an intresting thread. :devil:

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

charlescyriaque said:
Do most of those on this board support second amendment?

I Absolutely do support it!

treedancer

Commander

I wouldn’t leave the house without it, I’m in States illegally that don’t have reciprocity with the State of Mo. Of course I was in them states armed when I didn’t have the permit anyway, nothing has changed, Just have a little more legs to stand on. When you travel all over the country it only makes since to be protected. Its came in rather handy, never had to fire it, but got some bad dudes looking in another direction a few times.

crunch

Commander

I am aware of no Federal Statute that prohibits carrying a loaded firearm on your person if it isn't concealed...ie: in plain sight.

You can carry a loaded shotgun, rifle, or a six-gun on your hip... or a knife that has a blade longer than 3 inches.

Check you local and State statutes before you try this, and expect to be "tossed" by Law Enforcement.

In Oregon you can have a "gun" in your vehicle, but it must be in plain sight, unloaded, and the "loads" must not be "accessible"....ie: gun in front, bullets in trunk. :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Aye! But then ya'll already new that, didn't you? 8)

crunch

Commander

Aye! But then ya'll already new that, didn't you?

Ya Boom, I did.

When I say "tossed by local Law Enforcement", I don't think most know what that is.

In Oregon you will be "bracketed" by 4 to 6 armed Officers as they "detain" you at gun point, slam you face down, search you, then hold you for 72 hrs. while they "run you". You will be finger printed, mug shot, and enjoy the hospitality of the local, 3 star free hotel for 3 days while they find out who you really are.

Then as you leave, the fine, upstanding citizen that you are, they will give you some BS as.... You all come back now.. ya hear?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Bad Dawg,...:|
Did you need it today?:devil::devil::devil:
I believe the majority of iboaters, including myself, believe in the right to bear arms!
Where is my news paper?..
Bad dog!:|