Merc 120 jet cold start problem (1999 yr)

jmirch

Recruit
Re: Merc 120 jet cold start problem (1999 yr)

Originally posted by Zamboni:<br /> Hopefully someone else chimes in. I recall reading there is a replacable wax pellet in the auto enricher that melts. Auto enricher is known to be trouble prone...if you want pdf zip of 95-97 merc manual I can email, biggerhammer site took dl manuals off.
Any chance of getting an email copy of this manual? I just bought a '95 Dynasty JetStorm with a 120 and it has similar symptoms as being described in this thread.<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />Jeff<br />j_mirch at yahoo.com

funpilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jeff,<br /><br />I'll see if I can send you a copy at the email you show. I take it the underscore is necessary.<br /><br />fp

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey funpilot....I noticed the thread and sent manual-been walking jeff thru a few things to check.

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey funpilot....I noticed the thread and sent manual-been walking jeff thru a few things to check.

funpilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Zamboni, I'll leave him in your capable hands!<br /><br />fp

jmirch

Recruit

Thank you both. I really appreciate the help.

6x

Cadet

A few weeks ago i installed a new Auto enricher. The wax pellet is not servicable on it's own. I didnt see any improvements in cold starting. So i am still @ a lost and my wallet is lighter.

Tlflan

Recruit

I have a 1996 120xr with starting problems. I would be very grateful if someone could email the manual to me. My email address is <br /><br />Tlflan at aol dot com<br /><br />Thank you!

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Manuals on way Tiflan.<br /><br />Sorry to hear you through money at problem and still there 6x....check your readings with new enricher installed.<br /><br />Sure I read on old sportet forum a post about the guts of the valve and replacing wax pellet-can't find it now.

caldwell54

Cadet

I recently purchased a 1996 Sugar Sand Mirage <br />with a 120XR Mercury Sportjet and also have cold<br />start challenges. A crazy question.. where is the<br />choke for this model, or is there one ?<br /><br />I would also appreciate a pdf copy of the manual <br />sent to me at caldwell54 at comcast dot net<br /><br />Thanks !

Zamboni

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sure are a lot of guys having cold start issues with those sportjets....I'm going to read over threads at onl sportjet forum to see if a common cause/solution was found.<br /><br />Manuals off to guys who asked.<br /><br />Don't see much useful at that site, helpful guy :rolleyes: trying to sell a kit:<br /><br /> http://p081.ezboard.com/fsportjetworldtechquestions.showMessage?topicID=39.topic <br /><br />There was a good thread on fixing the enrichers-didn't imagine that....looks like infos lost. Was a post on replacing pellet/adjusting enricher:<br /> http://p081.ezboard.com/fsportjetworldtechquestions.showMessage?topicID=286.topic

I have a very simular problem with the same engine except it is a 2000. I can detect no power coming to the enricher. A couple of questions. What voltage should I be seeing? The second question is "has anyone ever installed a bypass switch to manually operate the enricher and what results did you have? If possible, please send me a copy or the manual. .bobalford@aol.com. thanks for leting me intrude.

Last edited:

We have similar 'cold start' problem.. especially after sitting on the hoist all week. We can only get out most weekends. No priming bulb..suggestions?

TheDonMan

Recruit

Ya i'm having the issue with my 95 jazz sportjet 120 no primer bulb, no choke, can't find the manual. I have plenty of time to troubleshoot if i can tinker around and get a fix ill post. In the mean time do you mind sending me a copy of the manual also, it would be much appriciated.

berwin_06

Cadet

My brother just bought a baja splash with a mercury 120. He's having some problems getting the thing to open up. I believe that the previous owner believed it was something to do with the choke but was not sure. Is there anyway I could get a copy of the manual Zamboni? I'd really appreciate it.