Mariner 3.3

malice

Recruit
Hey I have an Mariner 3.3 hp outboard, I just did some wimple service on it:<br /><br />Replaced the spark plug<br />Lubricated the points it says to lube in manual<br />Cleaned the fuel level thing that has the little float<br />Replaced gearbox lubricant<br /><br />Okay, now the motor starts fine and I can rev it in idle all the way with no problems, but when I put her into gear I can not rev it it will just start stalling and will eventually cut out unless I drop the revs right off. Does anyone know what may cause this?<br /><br />I'm testing it out in a rubish bin with fresh water, i'll take it down to the river and try tommorow morning but I do not know if that will make a difference.<br /><br />P.S. I have tried the choke

malice

Recruit
Re: Mariner 3.3

I've been reading a bit about it on the net, so far it seems to be that the carbs are dirty from storing the motor with fuel in it :/<br /><br />Does anyone have a mariner 3.3 manual they can scan in a few pages on the carbs and how to remove/clean them oh also maybe even a pic of where they are lol<br /><br />I'm such a nub with engines but don't want to pay $170 to get them fixed at a shop.<br /><br /><br />Any help is appreciated!

DHPMARINE

Captain

malice,did the motor have this problem before the maintenance work? If not,are you running with the motor cover off?<br /><br />Some of these motors run too lean without the cover on.<br /><br />DHP

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Remove the carb by loosening the screw that holds the carb clamp onto the engine manifold. Then slide the carb off the engine. Next remove the gas line from the carb. Flip the carb upside down and remove the two screws that hold the bottom bowl on the carb. Run a small piece of wire through the jet holes and then put it all back together. That will probably cure it.