I'm Alive - (barely)

Clams Canino

Commander
After 3 months "homeless"....<br /><br />We wound up getting a 2.85 acre property on Lake Hartwell S.C. Beautiful place.<br /><br />It was caught up in a divorce, with criminal tie ins, and distressed. The good news is that we more stole it then bought it.<br /><br />The bad news is that it was abandoned for almost a year and needs TLC to come back to speed. PLUS I'm trying to build the beginnings of the C.C. Marina at the same time. <br /><br />I miss this board... as soon as I get the shop built (needs flooring, door, AC , shelves, to finish) I'll have a computer in there and be on a lot more.<br /><br />2004 is a year of transition, that said C.C. Marine will be a force on Lake Hartwell. <br /><br />If theres an Inline Six issue that's urgent, someone can please e-mail me at: clams_canino@earthlink.net <br /><br />-W (exhausted)

Outrage 19

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: I'm Alive - (barely)

Hi Clams Canino just courious what does it take to start up a Marina from scratch. I’m in my mid 40’s and thinking this might be a retirement venture to keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Glad you're back, CC.<br /><br />We missed you. :)

DoctorCAD

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey, you aren't too far from me!<br />Greenwood, SC an hour away.

Ben Konopacky

Petty Officer 1st Class

WELCOME BACK CLAMS. Missed your posting,Good luck with your new venture. " C.C.Marine "

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Good to have ya back Clams. Good luck with the marina.

ZmOz

Captain

Was just wondering about you yesterday...after I didn't see any inline 6 auctions on ebay. :D

D

DJ

Clams,<br /><br />My hat's off to you. <br /><br />Owning/operating a marina has been both my brothers and my dream since we were kids.<br /><br />Maybe someday.

Clams Canino

Commander

Well in my case, it's a dry marina - LOL. I have more road frontage than lake frontage. I'm just gonna get my little Mercury repair shop back to the level it was at in NH and then use some of my excess arcreage for winterizing and storage etc etc. I'll add towing and rescue too. It's just a case of letting the entire Hartwell area know I'm here and what I do best. <br /><br />Only this time I have room for 100 boats.... <evil grin><br /><br />I'll have the shop at 100% functionality by next week. Then I'll get a new powerhead built for the PM-2 and get a tri-fold leaflet together to spam the boats. This is gonna be fun.... :) <br /><br /><br />-W<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by Outrage 19:<br /> Hi Clams Canino just courious what does it take to start up a Marina from scratch. I’m in my mid 40’s and thinking this might be a retirement venture to keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

D

DJ

Clams,<br /><br />Keep in touch. I'm really pullin' for ya.

sundog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

welcome back, clams. cant tell you how much you helped get my 1978 inline6 back up and running. when you get up to speed up there, send my an email with your work address, e-mail address, etc...Im sure Im going to need something sooner of later. In fact, got some questuns about an old style trim pump if I need to replace mine.<br /><br />coralhead1@yahoo.com