Planning trip to Panama

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: Planning trip to Panama

Best of luck you you with all that. You posted another message asking for help plotting a course to the Panama Canal.<br /><br />I think I'll pass on booking a charter with you until you have a little more ocean-going experience, OK?

Loco Flyer

Recruit

Simple question.Has anyone made the trip.(from florida to the canal) OK ? Surely the grand wizard has made the trip,and is full of helpful advice.( avatar reference )

Darren Smith

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm guessing you will be staying close to shore for this trip? you will need to plan out the fuel stops, overnights, and plan for rough seas. I remember seeing an article about a 42 or 47' cruiser crossing the gulf, I think it was a fountain, using about 1000 gallons of fuel. now double that distance, and there is Panama. Remember that everywhere you get fuel you will have to clear customs and/or get your passport stamped. Do you speak Spanish? Most smaller towns and ports in Central America don't have anyone that speak English. But if you do make it to Panama, look me up and I'll take you to where the fish are.

Loco Flyer

Recruit

Close to shore ,Si<br />Speak spanish , Si<br />I have planned on fuel bladders.<br />Im thinking of leaving from keys,and shooting across to Cuba,then Honduras,then hugging coastline around?<br /><br />Pirates( Cuban)????