What prop should I use?

MADMERCOWNER

Cadet
First of all I would really like to thank you guys with helping me with the problems that I had with my outboard. It is running like if it was new. I was ready to junk it and buy a new one. So again thank you very much. You have no idea how much I appreciate the help. Anyway I was wondering if you could tell me what prop I should use. I have a 1976 Mercury 500 50 HP on a 16 foot Peterbourgh. Nothing fancy but I have no idea what I should be using and the prop that is on there now doesn't give much info. It has Michigan stamped on it with these numbers as well 031017. Can anyone help me. My dealer has no clue. It has 13 splines on it.I would like to get some top end out of her. It seems at full throttle she is really screaming and she comes out of the hole really well. So any help would be awsome. Thanx

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: What prop should I use?

Hey Madmerc,<br />Does your boat have a tach and speedo? You've got ta have a tach and the speedo is real desirable.<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

MGuckin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That prop # = 10.375x13.<br />Ditto what Hooty said.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

If you wan't to know all about it, Mercury/Quicksilvers book on props and boats is available for free at this web page