Water Leak (with pictures)

Victor E

Recruit
Hi Everyone,<br />Newbie here needs help. I have a 1995 Evinrude 115HP (MOD# E115SLEOC), It's leaking water from top of spark plugs(port side). Somebody told me that it might just be the cylinder head cover gasket. I went to a local parts store to buy the gasket. Gentelman behind the counter told me that this model does not have a cylinder head cover gasket, is this right? He told me to try to re torque 14 bolts around it and that might stop the leak, if not then change the O-rings arond the cylinder. I will try to do this this weekend but I want some of your suggestions,since i've never work with outboards before. Thanks...

vano6990

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Water Leak (with pictures)

Welcome Victor. The water coming from the spark plug ports is bad. Have you done a compression test since the problem started?

Victor E

Recruit

Thanks for the reply.I think, you miss understood me when I said "port side"(i'm sorry, i'm still new to this). The leak is not coming from the spark plugs port.It's coming out from the top of the cylinder cover.I have not done a compression test yet since the motor was running fine before I winterized.I only noticed the leak when I was on process of fogging the motor.<br />Maybe these pictures will help(hope it works)... Is this something I can tackle by myself?<br /><br /><br />Thanks...<br /><br /> http://photobucket.com/albums/e123/victor7269/?action=view&current=leak2.jpg <br /> http://photobucket.com/albums/e123/victor7269/?action=view&current=leak3.jpg

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Looks like all it has is the o-rings. Try that...

Victor E

Recruit

Thanks Rick,<br />Is there anything I should be aware off when removing the cylinder cover? Should I be using somekind of adhesive/sealant when intalling the new o-rings? I appriciate all the advice I can get to tackle this job...