2001 225HP Evi DI??

Dusky203

Seaman Apprentice
Getting ready to buy the above motor. My question is this: Is this a Ficht Motor? If it is I have heard to stay away from the Ficht but then also heard from 2001 on they worked out the kinks? It has 400 hours on it and I can get it for 4K. (Of corse after having my mech go thru it)I currently have a 1993 175 60 degree. Will it be difficult to change this out myself? Do I need a new harness or controls?<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br />Iceman

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2001 225HP Evi DI??

For some reason I have 2 log in names? dont know how that happened? I found out motor has 389 hours on it thanks to a print out from the motors computer. Any thoughts?

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice

Anybody? <br />Anything?<br />I am not sure if no response is a good thing or a bad thing:)<br /><br />Tim

muskrat

Chief Petty Officer

whats the model & serial number..

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice

I do not have the model or serial # yet however I will get it tomorrow and post it.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The 2001 Evinrude is a FICHT and is a good motor as long as it has been maintained correctly. As with anything used, have it gone over by a trained tech and ask for the computer printout. It is basically the same block and design that is still being sold as Evinrude DI by Bombardier.<br /><br />Post the model number so we know for a fact that it is a 2001 model.<br /><br />You can use your old controls but will have to add a System Check tach or gauge and new wiring or adapter kits to the boat wiring harness. You will also need the oil return line and tank fitting kit to your existing "VRO" tank. The dealer's Parts and Accessories Catalog from Evinrude will show what is needed.

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Seahorse,<br />I will get the info from the dealer tomorrow ans post it asap. I did look at all of the MTX records and looks pretty well maintained. Tomorrow I will get the print out for it. The last printed out looked loike 380 hours on it. Is there a way this can be turned back? Just want to make sure. I like the dealer who has it. He is a very honest down to earth no nonsence type of guy. So I hope it all works out. My mech will check it this week before I actually buy it. He did also order all of the adapters for me with the tach for about 400 bucks. So hopefully I can take it from there and change it myself. What do you figure the weight dif is from my 1993 175 dpit fire evi to this motor? As always I appreciate all of everyones feedback!!<br /><br />Soon to be on the water again,<br />Tim

mricemachine

Seaman Apprentice

While on the topic of this motor any recommended props? It is pushing a 1993 203 Dusky!<br /><br />Tim