New or used amplifier????

Prkranger2

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1969 85 HP Johnson that the is getting no fire to the spark plugs. I have done the troubleshooting and determined that the amp is bad. I have a place that has a used one that carries a 90 warranty. Is is worth purchasing????

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: New or used amplifier????

Where are you, and where is the amp? If it is not down the block, I would question the warranty.

Prkranger2

Seaman Apprentice

The amp is in conneticut and I am in TN. It is from a used parts dealership there. The cost is 85.00 and has a warranty?

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Most places won't take returns on any electronic item's, even new. I just put a new timer in the wifes' dryer. They said if I walked out the door with it, it was mine. I have no business fooling with a dryer anyway!

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

Personally I would never buy anything electronic used. To me that is like buying a box of used light bulbs. But again, that is just my opinion.

phatmanmike

Captain

lots of good advice here! you should take it !!!<br /><br /><br />used amplifier bad idea!

Prkranger2

Seaman Apprentice

That is true that is why this is such a great website. I also found a new one in north AL for $ 190.00 which is the best price I have found. Thanks for all the advice!!!!!!