johnson 140 outboard

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Howdy, Mattbma.<br /><br />Welcome to iboats. :) <br /><br />As a former Auto mechanic I am sure you would agree that one should not attempt to service anything without the Service Manual.<br /><br />First: What is the model number? You will need that to get the correct manual.<br /><br />Aftermarket manuals are available here: http://www.boatmotors.com/manuals.html <br /><br />Or you can google up Ken Cook, who can sell you reprints of OEM Manuals. I recommend the OEM Manual.<br /><br />Because those books are copyrighted it would be illegal to make copies except in a reference library, but you can check one out from the library and even make copies of selected pages in the library legally.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

mattbma

Recruit
johnson 140 outboard

hi,<br /><br />i was wondering if anyone had an engine diagram or specs for the johnson 140 engine. it is an late 80s model.<br /><br />im trying to figure out the charging voltage for the battery. also i want to perform maintainence for the motor since i know that some is required. <br /><br />im formally a auto mechanic, but not really sure how the maintainence is for marine.<br /><br />any help will be great. thanks<br /><br />matt<br /><br />mattbma@yahoo.com

mattbma

Recruit
Re: johnson 140 outboard

i thought it was illegal to sell copies, not let someone use them......

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: johnson 140 outboard

It is illegal to use copies (except from a library copy. . . for research. . .) to avoid paying for the publication.<br /><br />Same as downloading copyrighted music or videos, for which people are going to jail.<br /><br />It is possible and legal to buy a license from the copyright owner to make and sell reprints.