Control for 1985 Evinrude 30hp (BE30BALCO)

zdmaster2k

Seaman
You may remember me posting a while ago regarding a hard-to-find neutral. I did as instructed, disconnected the shift rod and shifted using the handle. Engagement was more definite but it was still easy to shift through neutral. I've realigned the shift rod and feel on the control is a little better. The question this time is, would we be able to fit a new control with a lever lock? Our current ones don't have lever locks and I don't want to risk helmsmen not being able to find neutral at all because it's still not as simple as it should be!

G DANE

Commander
Re: Control for 1985 Evinrude 30hp (BE30BALCO)

Yes all controls up to around at least 95 will work.

zdmaster2k

Seaman

Hi G DANE, thanks for replying. What i was implying is would we get problems finding neutral if the lever was to lock. With the controls at present, neutral has to be eased in. I'm hoping this is the fault of the control. So, lever lock's still okay?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> if your current setup does not use a keyswitch in the box than any single lever jonny/rude box from about 1979 will work. but only if you have a seperate keyswitch and are only using the shift and throttle function.

G DANE

Commander

If adjusted properly, yes the lever lock will stop and hold it in reverse. I fully understand your worrys, props are dangerous in water.

zdmaster2k

Seaman

Thank's, I've known for a long time that we should have lever locks, I'll see what I can do about it now!