time wasters

baileys

Petty Officer 2nd Class
its very enoyoing when you go to look at boat and its a dog of a scrap heap went today got up early especialy the seller turns up 3\4 late just about to go then he turns up shows me the boat not even clean shows me the engine electric start but flat battery no rope to pull start it not even any fuel for the spare engine what a waste of time and effort stil i will keep my chin up

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: time wasters

Just think how lucky you were that it wasn't an internet sale, Johnny. You might have bought it before you knew those things about it.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

dont forget all used boats have wood rot ......i can about guarrentee it...

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Often the quality of the seller tells a lot about the quality of the boat!<br /><br />There's that old saying: Caveat Emptor.<br />Haven't a clue what it means, but it's like a warning beacon!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Lucky escape mate! It's one reason why I don't pay anything other than cash on collection on ebay for large items.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

SF,it means "Let the buyer beware" and you really should Johnny!!At least he didnt try to decieve you.He kept a dirt bag boat and he turned out to be a dirt bag.What a surprise.Charlie

BillP

Captain

Don't feel bad. I drove 200 miles a couple months ago to look at a sailboat. The owner said it had a " Universal diesel engine in excellent condition"...when I got on the boat it was a tired old rusty POS Universal A4 gas engine...with dead battery too! Pizzed me off but that's life.

baileys

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what a job trying to get a suitabe engine went to the local boat brokers he said he had one but when i emailed him with some akward questions he rang me and said he couldnt get any he had trouble getting second hand engines and today someone else has said the same is the same every where?