99 90hp evinrude won't run

JJJK

Recruit
used manual to access codes on 99 90hp ficht that will not run. I have good spark, good compression, and fuel pressure. Codes said low voltage and crank sensor problem. Both of these problems checked out to be okay with only an air gap adjustment needed to crank sensor. I can't get codes to clear however. According to manual I have, throttle switch lever is moved and held for several seconds for several times with a light on guage staying lit. But mine won't clear is there another way? Voltage checks out fine.

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 99 90hp evinrude won't run

Alan....really can't help that much with this, figured one of the experts would have chimed in by now, maybe someone will catch it now, but just so you know you should try not to start a new post for the same questions, the moderator will eventually bunch them all together anyway, if nobody responds just keep bumping your post up to the top and someone will eventually help. Good Luck.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just how did you check out the voltage? <br /><br />If you have a bit of resistance in the starter circuit or a marginal battery you can measure 12V all day. . . until you engage the starter. Then it may drop below ECU minimums to operate the injectors.<br /><br />Long shot, but it's the best I can offer.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

JJJK

Recruit

voltage on starter and injectors ck'd out ok.<br />motor spins over great and will pop off and run a few seconds every now and then