74 evinrude 9.9 carb

greengrosser

Recruit
All post I have read agree with my diagnosis of fuel line/carb prob.<br />MY question is, how do you remove the<br />carb to clean it? There is a lot<br />of obstructions and something has to <br />come off first...please advise dissassembly procedure...thanks, mg

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 74 evinrude 9.9 carb

You need to get a manual before attempting this. It is relatively simple when you follow the manual.<br /><br />John

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

According to my manual:<br /><br />Remove engine cover<br />Dissconnect the fuel line at the carb.<br />Plug the line to prevent leakage<br />Lift the choke rod from the bellcrank<br />Dissconnect the cable-to-cover spring at the low-speed needle valve cable. Pull the low-speed knob from the cable and feed cable through the control panel.<br />Remove the 5 screws holding the carb. to the intake manifold. Swing the stabilizer bar to one side and remove the carburator.<br /><br />Best I can do. Hope it works for you! A Manual is worth a thousand words!!

hondon

Lieutenant Commander

You will first need to pull off the idle mixture knob.Then remove both the top and bottom of the air box.Then pay attention too how the choke lever is oriented in the stamped metal retainer and put them both aside.Now things get hairy.You will now have to remove the recoil starter.This marvel is just waiting to take a bite out of you if you make a wrong move.WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!You will now be able to access the nuts that retain the carb.A good manual would surely help you.