smart tabs

icebay

Recruit
I'm going to buy some smart tabs from Nauticus but there is a lot of sizes.What size should i buy.I got a bowrider 17fot with a mercury 75hp 2 stroke.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: smart tabs

Call John at Nauticus. He'll be glad to advise you.

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

iceboy;<br /><br />Could use a bit more info but here are the basics. If the boat is light (aluminum) the you can use the ST980-40, if the boat is heavier and fiber glass , and you intend to tow water toys or skiers, then go with the ST1290-60. If you need more info call 800-233-0194.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />John

icebay

Recruit

John;<br /><br />Do you know if i can install them on my boat, a Bayliner 1700 bowrider -90.The transom area is not flat it's platforms on sides.Can i find a place in Sweden where i can buy Smarttabs?<br /><br />Iceboy

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

You should be able to install the tabs even though you have extension on the transom. go to our web site at www.nauticusinc.com and click on installation. then scroll down to review the pictures, or e-mail a picture of your boat and I will make a recomendation. Also under news releases check out the Adventure Arround the World Boat. Roy is from Sweden and he traveled in an 18 ft Uterin with a fifty HP Mercury OB from Sweden to the USA through the Panama Canal up the coast of Mexico, West Coast of USA, Canada, to Nome Alaska. From San Diego to Nome he used our Smart Tabs. Over the 7000 Miles he gained an average of 19.3% better MPG and increased the top speed by 3 knots.<br /><br />Our Distributor in Sweden is Duells (Hans Lundberg) Goteborg, tel:# 31-727-63 00 or 31-727-63 45. You could also contact Watski (retail chain)

hise

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by nautiJohn:<br /> go to our web site at www.nauticusinc.com
John, I've tried to connect to the website many times and I just get the opening picture and then the words "640.htm". There's no information, no hyperlink, am I doing something wrong?<br /><br />--Hise

hise

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by hise:<br />
Originally posted by nautiJohn:<br /> go to our web site at www.nauticusinc.com
John, I've tried to connect to the website many times and I just get the opening picture and then the words "640.htm". There's no information, no hyperlink, am I doing something wrong?<br /><br />--Hise
Just thought to try IE (I'm a heavy Mozilla/Netscape user)... I can at least use IE as a work around.<br /><br />--Hise

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

yeah, John, that javascript you(or your people)'re using only sniffs for IE or Netscape 4. You gotta update it or the site won't work with Mozilla properly. It would just take one line in there.

hise

Seaman Apprentice

I don't mean to be hijacking the thread.... but, your webmaster should update the default html file in the javascript to a valid url...<br /><br />change the current line that says...<br />nyURL='640.html'<br /><br />to...<br />nyURL='<a href="index_800.html">ENTER</a>'<br /><br />sorry, the geek in me comes out :)<br /><br />--Hise

gsbodine

Petty Officer 1st Class

the file is there (i.e., it's a valid file). it's really that the sniffer they're using is only looking for properties that MSIE and Netscape 4 have (document.all and document.layers). He still needs to add <br /><br />if(document.getElementById) ok=true<br /><br />or an equivalent to have the resolution sniffer continue to function, though I don't really like that kind of anyway. Doing what you suggest only changes the deafult page and won't scale up for anyone using moz-based browsers. It's just really out of date.<br /><br />EDIT: p.s. everybody on this site is a geek in one form or another. t's the perfect place to find out all kinds of geeky and useful info. ;)

hise

Seaman Apprentice

Yup, you da' man! I'm sure you know more about javascript than I... though I tried www.nauticusinc.com/640.html and got a page not found error.<br /><br />I was just was suggesting a quick-n-dirty that defaults to something that won't break.<br /><br />Either way I just want something where I don't have to get out of Mozilla - I'm too dependent on my mouse gesters and tabbed browsing.<br /><br />--Hise

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Ol' Norse;<br /><br />Thank You and i have forwarded your suggestions to our web site manager.<br /><br />As a favor:<br /><br />Go to www.NauticusInc.com then ENTER then to bottom of left menu col. and click on Boat Balance & Performance. Tell me is you can down load OK.<br /><br />Than you!<br /><br />John