Just a fun day at the range, I hadn’t been in a few years. I’ll never make that mistake again.

ezbtr

Commander
Took my new Ruger, S101, 357 Magnum and Glock G 43X9 mm to the range here in central Texas. (7 miles from my house) You can shoot as fast as you want at least at this Indoor Range and the 357 got pretty toasty 100 rounds through it and 100 rounds through my Glock G 43X9 mm, they both shot great - so much fun. Just reordered more ammo as soon as I got home- to be delivered TO my front door - PS , forgot my speed loader for the Glock, sore fingers, LOL!!! 😁IMG_8100.jpeg

Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Nice! (y)

I haven't been to my local indoor range since before the pandemic. I've been "thinking about it" for several weeks though. :sneaky:

Previously, the fee was $15/day. Now, it's $15/HOUR! That's an impact. o_O

The indoor range is about 6 miles from me and there's an outdoor range which is about 11 miles from me. Haven't been there in a long time. About a decade I think. :unsure: 🧓

What little shooting I've done has been in my back yard. I really do need to go to a range and blast a few hundred rounds. Got a couple guns that need breaking in.

ezbtr

Commander
Nice! (y)

I haven't been to my local indoor range since before the pandemic. I've been "thinking about it" for several weeks though. :sneaky:

Previously, the fee was $15/day. Now, it's $15/HOUR! That's an impact. o_O

The indoor range is about 6 miles from me and there's an outdoor range which is about 11 miles from me. Haven't been there in a long time. About a decade I think. :unsure: 🧓

What little shooting I've done has been in my back yard. I really do need to go to a range and blast a few hundred rounds. Got a couple guns that need breaking in.
Ive got a nice outdoor range about 35 mi from me, havent been there yet, only soft tip bullets for rifles they have great pricing(forgot) this indoor range $20 an hour then they prorate - I'll het target pics 2morrow I was pulling left but corrected - the 357 has a wayyyyyyy different trigger pull and I was doing rapid fire

ezbtr

Commander
I remember in N. CA bout 10 yrs ago $10 ALLLLLLL day outside, shotgun, rifle pistol!

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ LOL ... I wish.

In the city, they seem to get a little wound up when you practice in the back yard. :confused: But we have a few nice indoor ranges locally (pricey, but nice in the winter) and a few outdoor ranges. Honestly the TWRA range about a half hour away is one of my favorite places to shoot.

ezbtr

Commander
I live in the bush. All day, every day $0. Nobody monitors the range....
Thats great!!! Like I said I'll be going to the big outdoor one soon - but I do have a few leads where some buddies live (10 acres +) depending on where you live to shoot - paid off my house 3 ish yrs ago - could have bought land/10 plus acres that would have doubled but I dont want to stretch thin then

ezbtr

Commander
btw - the 5 shot 357 is dbl action only S101 "hidden/shaved hammer" so fast shooting takes practice

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
I love shooting. I go to an indoor range every month sometimes twice a month. Once you’ve demonstrated your proficiency and safety knowledge you can rapid fire, double tap or what ever. I started out a revolver guy but now mostly shoot simi autos although I always bring a 357 or two , mostly shoot 38’s with them. Mostly shoot 9mm Glocks , that’s my go to and my favorite and my edc. Shooting has gotten expensive over the last several years but that’s one of my hobbies so I pay what ever it takes.

ezbtr

Commander
I love shooting. I go to an indoor range every month sometimes twice a month. Once you’ve demonstrated your proficiency and safety knowledge you can rapid fire, double tap or what ever. I started out a revolver guy but now mostly shoot simi autos although I always bring a 357 or two , mostly shoot 38’s with them. Mostly shoot 9mm Glocks , that’s my go to and my favorite and my edc. Shooting has gotten expensive over the last several years but that’s one of my hobbies so I pay what ever it takes.
I only have one revolver - the 357 I bought 4 (?) ish mos ago - they are not cheap like semiautos!!! I have 22LR (hollow points) Baretta (edc) , 9mm.s , 357/38/38 spec and 45's it's a good enough spread for me - also been going to PT for back and leg (REALLY HELPS!) to gear up for hunting, more fishing and prob a side by side - all good reasons to get in shape!! I'll be trying this great outdoor range soon - about 30 miles away :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
At least 9mm has come down from the relatively recent crazy prices, .223 too...

ezbtr

Commander
At least 9mm has come down from the relatively recent crazy prices, .223 too...,
prices are starting to climb again just today got some 9mm and 357 from cheaperthandirt.com also - try www.sgammo.com (Southern OK, ) at times they overnight at same regular cost my orders to central TX, nice family owned,

Renken2000Classic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The more you bring, the more you gotta clean (or neglect) afterward. I hardly ever go anymore. If I was retired I might find the time/energy again.

ezbtr

Commander
The more you bring, the more you gotta clean (or neglect) afterward. I hardly ever go anymore. If I was retired I might find the time/energy again.
understood - I retired here 6 yrs ago - need to get back to it more, especially after having cataract replaced 10 yrs ago - 20/20 and 1st time no glasses needed for driving!!!

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Our outdoor range is about 10 miles away. Volunteer payment of five dollars. For $25.00 you get into the sportsman club membership. You can volunteer for helping maintain it or just use it all you want. I go there twice a year so I just do the five bucks at a time. The club maintains the snowmobile trails and atv stuff also. Great organization.

ezbtr

Commander
Our outdoor range is about 10 miles away. Volunteer payment of five dollars. For $25.00 you get into the sportsman club membership. You can volunteer for helping maintain it or just use it all you want. I go there twice a year so I just do the five bucks at a time. The club maintains the snowmobile trails and atv stuff also. Great organization.
That is awesome!!!! :)

aspeck

Staff member
I go across the street and use the “back 40” of the church property or drive 6 miles to my brothers house and use his range.

ezbtr

Commander
I go across the street and use the “back 40” of the church property or drive 6 miles to my brothers house and use his range.
thats great! I found one or two spots - just need to check them out a bit more - i know the folks, only disappointment w/ TX not enough "free open land to shoot on"