What boat to choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasterofSam

Recruit
Hi all,

Just looking at upgrading from anglapro bandit 454 to a bigger boat around 6m to go further offshore chasing bigger fish such as king, tuna, snapper.

Love to take some mates out with me and just looking at boats around and under the 70k mark. Preferably with the most fishing space possible. As we like to have a squid, with like 5 of us.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Hi all,

Just looking at upgrading from anglapro bandit 454 to a bigger boat around 6m to go further offshore chasing bigger fish such as king, tuna, snapper.

Love to take some mates out with me and just looking at boats around and under the 70k mark. Preferably with the most fishing space possible. As we like to have a squid, with like 5 of us.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Don't know your local water conditions, but 6M is still rather small to be heading offshore in search of pelagics.

I run a 7M boat. Can only fish three people w/o falling over each other. Can't image trying to fish 5 guys on a 6 meter boat.

Most running offshore around here are in the 8-10M, if not larger.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
My boat is about 20ft and even 3 people fishing is a bit crowded. I also wouldn't venture too far from land in a boat that size.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
I run a rig in the pacific out of Costa Rica and we go 25 to 30 km off shore. I use a 28 foot Mako with twin 200 horse yammies. It makes for safety, because you are all alone out there and safety and speed are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.