Crescent/Archimedes/Volvo penta 5hp fuel/oil mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Does anyone happen to know the fuel/oil mix for the 5hp volvo penta/crescent aircooled engine?

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Crescent/Archimedes/Volvo penta 5hp fuel/oil mix

24:1 for an early '70s Volvo Penta 5hp. Use TC oil rather than TC-W3 for an aircooled engine. :)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Paul

Vic.S

Rear Admiral

For a 1977 5hp Volvo Penta the recommended mix was 50:1 using Volvo oil but a bit more oil when using other brands (I cant remember how much tho' as my engine and instruction book are on permanent loan...40:1 I think) No mention was made of using TC rather than TC-W oil.<br /><br />I found the thing troublesome in that it cut out (plug fouled) if left idling for long. It usually ran for long enough to get the anchor up to the stem head and then cut out!! Very frustrating when single handed. The trick was to start it, to make sure it was Ok then stop it, get the anchor up and then restart it. A spare plug and plug spanner are vital though.<br /><br />Maybe TC oil, for air cooled engines, would have been a good choice I never tried it. Also I never used Volvo oil but stuck to a 50:1 mix

Playboy

Cadet
I was wondering; How many ponies could you expect from a Crescent/ Archimedes rated 5 on the cowling. My Tohatsu 3 runs stronger. Btw, I use Triboron in fuel no oil, I dont't like smoke on the water.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What is triboron ???------A 2 stroke uses oil in the gas to get the LUBRICATING oil onto the internal parts.------

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I was wondering; How many ponies could you expect from a Crescent/ Archimedes rated 5 on the cowling. My Tohatsu 3 runs stronger. Btw, I use Triboron in fuel no oil, I dont't like smoke on the water.
Say, this thread is over 17yrs old. You may want to start a new one...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.