MOTOGUIDE

down_time_1

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking at replaceing my trolling motor on my Taohe Q3. As of now the Motorguide pts looks like a possibe choice as I do a lot of striper trolling at Norris Lake in Tenn,as well as walleye here in Ohio.<br /> :)DT1

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: MOTOGUIDE

What is your question, DT1?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

If you are talking about the Motorguide PTSv, its junk!! Thank god Bass Pro took it back. Do yourself a favor and get a Minnkota with the autopilot.

down_time_1

Seaman Apprentice

IBNFSHN<br /> Thanks for the reply, you are the seccond person to tell me not to get the PTSv.Have yet to here anything positive on these.<br /> :) DT1

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I think the more simple you keep a trolling motor the better. Go straight 24V, tiller or foot control. I've had to replace a couple steering boards for the AutoPilots....at $200 a board. I really don't think all that fancy stuff helps much any ways.....when all your looking for is a dependable motor to pull your rig around.....MotorGuide and MinnKota both make good motors. Just keep it simple.

down_time_1

Seaman Apprentice

I troll a lot by my self and take my brother to Norris in Tenn. When we get a fish on or if were not paying attention it's has gottin us in to some snags,to close to shore oroff ridge line. I thought that the PTSv would help in this better than the autopilot as it is one directional.<br /> tks,DT1