2001 Searay 210SD- Rear spay hose assy replacement

ang onello

Recruit
Hello, I'm trying to replace the rear spray down hose assy on my 210SD Searay. The issue is I can see the connection... I just can't reach the connection, which is mounted on the rear back corner of the boat to replace the hose assy. Was hoping some of the Searay owners of this type of set up has had some experience with this issue?

If someone did please let me know.

Thank you!

tpenfield

Staff member
Greetings . . .

Based on what little info the 201 210 SD manual has, it looks like the fitting for the transom shower may be tucked way up in the swim platform cavity near the rub rail. Follow the plumbing that leads from the water pressure pump to where the fitting is located.

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 5.58.37 AM.png

ang onello

Recruit
Thank you for the reply... Yes , the connection for the hose is tucked up in the upper corner of the transit under the swim platform. Although i can see it, if look at it from the engine compartment, there is no way to reach in there (around the engine) to disconnect & re-attach to replace the spray down hose.
It's hard to understand why they would design the connection that way, which makes the replacement impossible, at least while the engine is in there ;0
My only other thought at this point...Is to perhaps, cut off the bad section of the hose and reattach the new hose to the remaining good section with some fitting?
But thank you for the reply never the less.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
...It's hard to understand why they would design the connection that way, which makes the replacement impossible, at least while the engine is in there ;0...
"they" was (is?) a lot of people with sometimes competing interests. As an engineer and designer, I know that those who control the $ often determine what is ultimately built.

Unfortunately, I don't even think about replacing water-system components on our 1998 boat these days (If I ever get a big inside heated shop, still have this boat and inclination, I think I'd have to pull the drive and engine, pull the cap, etc - and really dig into it)

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
We’re shooting in the dark w/o pictures.

Hopefully you can get to the pump connection?
When I replaced my (different boat), I pulled spray mount and disconnected the line at the pump. Tied a string to the hose and pulled it out. Pulled the new hose in with the string

ang onello

Recruit
Hello, I'm trying to replace the rear spray down hose assy on my 210SD Searay. The issue is I can see the connection... I just can't reach the connection, which is mounted on the rear back corner of the boat to replace the hose assy. Was hoping some of the Searay owners of this type of set up has had some experience with this issue?

If someone did please let me know.

Thank you!
Good morning: Update on replacing the rear spray down hose assembly on my 2001 Searay SD210.

Although it was not possible to reach where rear hose assembly connection to the water system (which is tucked up in the top rear corner). I was able to reach the screw that held the U-shaped clamp that held the hose up in position on the rear inside of the boat. There are two clamps, I only had to remove one. Then I was able to pull the hose assemble connection forward to where I was able to disconnect and replace with the new replacement spay down hose assembly. I taped together the old hose to the new one and pulled up the new hose thru the outside hole.

Thought this replacement information would come in handy if someone else had the same issue?

Thank you all for your feedback.
y