Tube pressure? And need new tube too

Mcfltfyter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I ran an airhead mega ruckus under inflated twice before I realized it was underinflated. I kept reading 2 psig as the typical inflation pressure, so I aired up to 2 psig and of course it was firm. The fill valve was a little off center of the jacket so I deflated and got back up to 25-28 oz/in² and an internal support popped loose and the tube got fat and lopsided.

Is 2psig too much, or was the walmart tube just defective? What is a good 3 person tube to replace it?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
What's the factory recommended pressure needed to have fun with that Mega Rukus ? If with issues while inflated to that given pressure, definitely defective....

Happy Boating

Mcfltfyter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What's the factory recommended pressure needed to have fun with that Mega Rukus ? If with issues while inflated to that given pressure, definitely defective....

Happy Boating
They don't state a pressure, but the 110v airhead inflator is rated for 3psi. I just wonder how many people have actually measured the pressure in their toys?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
They don't state a pressure, but the 110v airhead inflator is rated for 3psi. I just wonder how many people have actually measured the pressure in their toys?
If no pressure is factory stated better inflate that kind or any other inflatable water toy till firm, don't overinflate them specially if were built with unsopported thin pvc material.

Happy Boating